Monday, July 30, 2007

Excuse Me? That's a New Trend?

I seem to have missed a trend.

I read about seven fashion magazines a month and numerous fashion blogs regularly, but somehow, I must have missed something.

Over the past two days, a colleague and I have seen two women wearing exactly the same look: A tracksuit tucked into knee-high (p)leather boots...

The tracksuits in question did not appear to be by a noted designer and the top did not match the pants. And the pants are TUCKED INTO THE BOOTS!

Today's offender wore:
- Messy ponytail (a la Britney Spears)
- Guess Handbag
- Brown leather knee-high, high-heeled boots
- Pastel pink sweatpants
- Purple jumper

All I have to say is - WHY?
a) It looks ridiculous
b) WHY?????????

If you want to wear your tracksuit, go sporty and wear running shoes and a cute headband.
If you want to wear your knee-high boots, DON'T WEAR YOUR TRACKSUIT!!!!

That's a rule you should never ever break, regardless of these "trend-setters" in your suburb.

5 comments:

Kat said...

the fashion icons in my suburb???? *sigh* sadly they are few and far between. As for tracksuits and boots; keep and eye out for sandals and socks as Maitland starts to warm up.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, nasty!

Great blog Liz, keep it updated girl, otherwise I'll have no idea what to wear!

Catch ya,
Paige

Anonymous said...

ugg boots are sleepwear not footwear!!!!!!!!!!

It drives me crazy and I wonder if they wear them around home like slippers even after they've worn them out and about???

YUK YUK YUK

Maitland Fashion Police

elizabethjane said...

Thanks for the comments crew...

re: the comment from Maitland Fashion Police - stay tuned for my ugg boot rant. it'll appear very very soon...

gabe20372 said...

cessnock, maito, cessnock, maito oh please fashion police pleeeese do your job properly
long boot lady was wearing these hidious boots with blue ridge ha ha designer jeans today..... classy
sometimes i feel so underdressed