Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cut & Paste

Per month, I accumulate between six and ten magazines.

Thus, every six months or so, I throw out up to sixty magazines.

That's a lot of paper, I know.

So this morning, I was quite excited to read Gala Darling's blog about what to do with all the magazines you buy.

The crux of her advice:

"Don’t be afraid to tear up your old magazines, or to keep the best pages & scrap the rest."


Here's the plan for my next day off, as per Gala's advice:
  • Create a fashion 'lookbook' - a scrapbook of things you like... whether that be pictures of shoes, make up ideas or even design elements of the magazine.
  • Frame your favourite covers/pages - I actually considered doing this with the October issue of Vogue... Gemma Ward in crazy bright Spring fashion! I think I will now...
  • Make envelopes or do origami - fairly self explanatory! I think this would be an awesome idea to send out your Christmas cards in handmade envelopes...
  • Donate them - Gala suggests giving your magazines to Doctor's surgeries or women's refuges. It's a lovely idea. I think some op-shops would probably take them too if they're in good condition.

Cheers to Gala for yet again blogging about something so obvious you couldn't have thought of it yourself!

I really love the idea of a lookbook.

I think i'll make one for fashion inspiration and one for design inspiration.

It's a shame you can't Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V in the real world!

I'm off to find some scissors and glue.



For more information about Gala Darling, visit this older blog.

No comments: