Saturday, October 27, 2007

The End... for a little while

Suburban Fasionista was created with the view to examine, explore and elaborate on the way fashion mixes with technology.

Through the compilation of this blog, it has become apparent to me that there are a lot of links to be made between fashion and technology.

Fashion blogging, particularly that which relies on photography, is the future of current print fashion magazines.

As was discussed in one of my blogs, print magazines are becoming increasingly influenced by the internet and the personalities that use it.

There are so many cross-overs between these two mediums now: previously web-exclusive bloggers are now magazine columnists and all the major fashion magazines now have a presence online.

Another side of the fashion and technology relationship that I have covered, is the way the internet has allowed people to see outside their own community.

When you live in a regional or rural community it is hard to stay inspired to have fun with your style.

By bringing random people from Sweden to random people in Maitland, NSW, technology facilitates this fashion inspiration.

The third area of fashion and technology that I've covered is the way fashion is actively using technology in its promotion and production.

Technology has allowed for new and often better fashion product as well as new and better ways to promote and sell it.

Engaging in a blog has had two main benefits for me:
  1. I want to work in fashion magazines and I see blogging playing a major part in the future of these publications.
  2. I have learnt a lot about the different links between fashion and technology.

I will be continuing this blog, or similar, following the marking process.

2 comments:

Marj K said...

Effective summary of your posts to date. An interesting blog, I hope it continues.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.