Monday, August 20, 2007

Cosmolog & Cleog

Did anyone else notice the "new-look" for the Australian Consolidated Press (ACP) heavy-hitters this month?


Both Cosmopolitan & Cleo magazines are now doing it bloggy-style.


The format of the magazines have been updated to include blog style columns and web-style page layouts.

Why?


I think it's all about the never-ending search for "cool".


Although readership of these magazines is strong, those searching for left-of-the-middle "cool" have been finding it online, instead of in the mainstream media.

'Cool' has been recruited by Cosmopolitan in the form of blogger Gala Darling.


(http://galadarling.com/ is where she normally lives.)


She's about as authentically cool as they come:

"I am keen on changing my hair colour, celebrating every day, really
colourful tattoos, flying first class, old typewriters, public firework
displays, dancing, New York & Tokyo."


I like the blog influence on the magazines - particularly Cosmopolitan. It's resulted in cleaner lines, less garish colours and newer article ideas. Anyone else sick of reading "how to improve your relationship by this weekend"... every month???

Bring it on i say, Gala's my new best friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gala is on my friend dream list! lol not that arent awes too Liz!

;-) hehehehehe

Yet another blog that makes me want to get creative with my fashion choices. However student funds or lack there of and poor time management really hinder this!