Thursday, August 9, 2007

Lego Lady & Robocop

Technology meets fashion at Balenciaga this season...

Check out these awesome awesome shoes!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And from the back...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's techno-robot-chic meets Lego.

Perfect for this Generation Y childhood Lego freak!

According to September Harper's Bazaar, they cost a tidy $5300... But they're soooooo cooooool!

I love these shoes but couldn't buy them because:

a) They cost twice the value of my car.

b) I'd honestly have no wear worthy of wearing them.

***

This new fashion direction appears to be in conflict with the current ideology of our society.

It's environmental hour - the oceans are rising and the dams are drying.

We're encouraged to put a bucket in the shower and bike-it to work but then here we are in Robocop tights and Lego shoes.

I'm not complaining: after 6 months of grey smocks, this fun fashion is rocking my socks.

I'd just like to find out the influence behind these techno fashions...

Has anything really ground-breaking occurred recently in TechnoLand to trigger all manner of C3PO accessories?

Don't worry, I'm on the case!

In the mean time though, find thee some metallic tights for this weekend's adventures!


Images from http://teamsugar.com/group/331892/polls/443454

4 comments:

Kat said...

I need $6000 NOW! I love these shoes! They are fantastic. Although lately I've been thinking a lot more about how comfortable shoes are (after getting some SERIOUSLY nasty blisters). So what do you think? Are the lego shoes going to cost me an arm and a blister?

Kat said...

I followed the link. The black and white ones are cool too. As for the last ones LOVE them in black!!! I wonder if Payless will bring out a version.

Anonymous said...

I saw those lego shoes in Harpers, love them, I can see you in them.

I'm still waiting to see you rock a pair of MC Hammer pants.

-Paige

Anonymous said...

$99 at www.ShopPinky.com --- I got the designer discount version and I love em and love em. Love Love Love em. Everybody always stop and stare.